Google Tag Manager Head

Saturday, March 7, 2009

Francis Magalona - October 4, 1964 - March 6, 2009

Francis Magalona - died at the age of 44 at Medical City Hospital due to leukemia. He was diagnosed with the said disease last August of 2008. He is known as the "Master Rapper."

Though his songs where mostly about pinoy it was accepted by people and make a breakthrough to Filipino Music. One of his popular song is "Mga Kababayan Ko" (My Fellow C0untrymen) (which I remember was used by a softdrink commercial) and even if you are not a fan of "Kiko" you will know the chorus because it is played everywhere. Other song that I remember is "Tayo'y mga Pinoy" , which is very well known for this line "Tayo'y mga pinoy, tayo'y hindi kano, wag' kang mahihiya kung ang ilong mo ay pango." (we are Filipinoes, we are not americans, you should not be ashamed even if you don't have a pointed nose).

I am not really a showbiz fanatic but I do admire FrancisM's talent.  He is a lost to showbiz and music industry.  I asked God to help the Magalona Family to have a fast healing for the loss of their love one.

No comments:

Post a Comment