Google Tag Manager Head

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Dell Pasay Acquired by Teleperformance

I was surprised by the news that Dell Intl. Services in MOA Pasay was acquired by Teleperformance.  I was at the office last friday night when one of my co-worker send me a message to read a blog , of Edge Lacorte, about the said incident. 

I was an employee of Dell before for 2 years.  The rumor before I left was Teletech will take over. Dell also have an office in Libis, Eastwood which is not part of the said deal.  Employees were given an option of staying or leaving and get a separation pay.  

Because of the global crisis a lot of recession are happening globally.  Atleast they still have a job, they just have to make a choice of being under the management of Teleperformance or look for a new one.  Its a matter of making a right choice, and decisions are in there hands.  Just like what I have mention before on one of my blog.  We cannot control things that are happening around us but we do have control on how we will react to it.  

I send a text message to my team mates before to clarify the issue and I got a confirmation from them.  It will take effect on April and employees have one month to decide to stay or not.  

On my personal experience I think God is really working in my life.  I am not 100% decided before I left Dell.  The benefits and environment are very good and the only thing that stresses me is making a sale as part of the KPI.  I was given on offer by HP which I declined because the salary is lower.  

Out of the blue I got an email from jobstreet asking me to go to EPZA for an interview and exam for American Power Conversion.  I was given an offer but because of the location I was not decided then.  The company is in Rosario, Cavite. Though I'm from Molino Bacoor the said place is still far from my location.  The increase in salary is not really that big.  

With the global crisis happening globally we were told by our boss not to worry.  In fact the contact center in APC is planning to expand its business here in the Philippines.  This coming May 12 I will be celebrating my first year and I am proud to say that I already got promoted.  I am now giving technical support to business customers of APC.  I did not search for APC but God lead me here. We will not really understand how God works.  I thank God for all the blessings He has showered me.  To all Dell Pasay employees, don't lose hope.  Its not the end of the world.  I hope you will react on this situation to make your life better and not bitter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment