Google Tag Manager Head

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sinigang / Nilagang Buto-Buto

One of my favorite menu is pork sinigang. With a tight budget here is what I usually do. When I buy groceries I would buy sinigang cut buto-buto which worth about P100-120. I would divide that in half, one for sinigang and the other for nilaga. We're only 3 in the house, me, my husband and my 3 yrs old little boy. I would cook sinigang for our lunch which sometime good for us until dinner. Then I would prepare the nilaga for the next day.

My Pork Sinigang

1/2 kilo Pork buto-buto (sinigang cut)
1 medium onion
ground pepper
salt
5 tbsp fish sauce (patis)
1 Liter of Water
1 Sinigang Mix with Gabi (for 1 Liter)
3 pcs hot chili pepper ( siling haba )
1 medium radish (labanos)
1 bundle of Okra
1 bundle of Kangkong

Saute sliced onion on a low heat and add the pork buto-buto after a minute. Add 5 tbsp of patis and a pinch of ground pepper. Let it simmer for 5 mins in low fire. Then add 1 liter of water and let it boil. When it starts boiling put it in low fire, add the sinigang mix and siling haba, and let it simmer until the meat is tender. If you want it a litte spicy you can cut the siling haba in to two. Add radish and okra and wait until its half cook. Then add kangkong and simmer for another minute. Add salt to taste. Serve while hot. You can have patis , calamansi with chili as "sawsawan."

My Favorite Sinigang!

My Pork Nilaga

1/2 kilo pork buto-buto
2 medium onion (sliced)
1 bundle pechay ( cut in half)
1 medium potato ( sliced)
2 pcs saging na saba (ripe)
ground pepper
salt
1 pork cubes

Put pork buto-buto , sliced onion and a pinch of ground pepper in 1 liter of water and let it boil. Simmer it until meat is tender. Add potato, saging na saba and pork cubes. Once the potato is cooked you can add pechay and let it simmer for 3 minutes. Add salt to taste. Serve while hot.

Pork Nilaga

1 comment: