Google Tag Manager Head

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Styropor vs Styrofoam

It is funny how I come up with this post. At work we were discussing what to do with our bulletin board. Other teams already started decorating their board with Christmas themes. One of my team mate suggested to use a Christmas background that he saw online. It has a light blue background with snow on the side and a white christmas tree. He said we can change the background to black then use styropor or styrofoam for the snow?


Hahaha! I asked him to search in google the difference between the two. Guess what, we find out that Styrofoam and Stryopor are actually brand names and the material is actually called polystyrene. It is like photocopier which is more known as Xerox (brand name of photocopier). 

11 comments:

  1. ok.. now i know.. tnx a lot..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi dheiyzhie12,

    I was searching for "styropor" that led me to your blog site. I like your answer...

    j_s_villegas@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you for the info. it answers the question in my mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey, was googling to know about styropor and landed here. Just wanted to tell u that I really liked what u've wrote abt urself apart from the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Along ago i've noticed that styropor and styrofoam were same but i didn't notice that those were deffirent brand.. Thnx for your blog.. Now i know how to expain the differences with two that i usual called "styropor" and argue that thus the correct one..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I know! Thank you very much for the explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you, it answers my question

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was also wondering what's the difference between 'styrofor' (styropor pala!) and 'styrofoam'. Google led me here. Thanks for the info! 😃 Now I know. Hahaha...

    ReplyDelete