Google Tag Manager Head

Monday, October 26, 2009

Golden Dragon Realty Scam

I was almost a victim of this broker, Golden Dragon Realty. In February of this year, my husband and I decided to look for a low cost housing. We met Ate Connie, an agent, who introduced us to Rommel Rote, manager of Golden Dragon. He was a broker for Summerpointe Subdivision. This is a bare house near Daang Hari Molino. The price is very affordable and they offer a discount during that day. Reservation is only 5k so I did not let the opportunity go.  My husband likes the 75 sq meter lot but it is not available. We were told to reserve for a 50 sq meter lot then we will transfer later when there is a slot available. He really is a sales person and talks very well. One thing I noticed he is quite hot tempered.

Every things goes well. I submitted all the requirements and after a month I started paying for the down payment. We were given a 75 sq meter slot which makes us happy. The problem started in May when I received a letter from Prosperity Builders, Summerpointe's developer. The letter was stating that I have one month arrears for my down payment. I was shocked because I see to it that I am paying monthly. My mom accompanied me going to Baclaran to visit Rommel. We were told to ignore the letter and there might be a delay from the developer. The only receipts that I have are from Dragon so we asked for the receipt coming from the developer.

They give us 3 receipts. 2 payments for my reservation and 1 down payment. I made a full reservation in February but the receipts that he gave me shows 2 payments for my down. 2k on February 2 and 3k on March 31 and my first down was paid on April 7. I ignore the dates on the receipts. It was now only that I realized that this is part of his scam. He doesn't pay the money of his client to the developer right away. So on my case the developer thought that I finished my reservation on the end March which is actually I am already paying for my DP.

I am fully paid with my DP when I received another letter that I still have arrears. My mom told me then to go to Prosperity first to get more info. We were told that they haven't receive any payment that is why we received a notification letter. Imagine I am done with my DP and my arrears is 2 months. We went to Rommel's office which nothing happened. To make the story short we went to Dragon several times to let them pay my arrears and not to mention for us to be transferred to a 75 sq meter lot. Yes, I paid for a DP for a 75 sq meter lot but then we find out that my account was not transferred. We were promised to different block and lot by Rommel but those were only drawings. Haaaysss, really a head ache.

The next letter that I received from Prosperity is asking me to pay for my monthly amortization and yet my housing loan is not yet approved by Pag-ibig. We went to Prosperity and we were told to right a letter asking for stop payment. Which didn't help because I receive another letter the next month asking for payment.

One night while I was at work, my agent, Ate Connie, send me a text message. She wants to confirm that all my receipts are from the developer. She told me that Dragon Realty closed and Mr Rommel Rote was gone. A lot of his clients who already made a payment was scammed. He took the money and did not pay it to the developer. Good thing we were able to forced him to pay for my 2 months DP but then I was not able to get back my overpayment for my DP. When I was at Prosperity I met a girl, an OFW, who was also a victim. Dragon did not pay the last 2 months of her DP and she purchased two lots.

Ate Connie said that the developer was trying to help those who are victims. To Rommel, you should have heart. We bought a low cost housing since we cannot afford buying a finished house then you will do this to us. You might have encounter a problem with your business but you should have give explanation to your client. You can get jail because of what you did. I am trying to understand your side that maybe you have a financial issue but you should have not enter realty business when you cannot handle it.

9 comments:

  1. Hi i am also one of the victims of rommel rote. Although i only made the reservation for a commercial lot, I would not want this to happen to anybody else so I am trying to track him on the internet. Thank you for the post. Unfortunately for him, he'll be haunted in the cyberworld of his crimes, if he escapes Philippine justice.

    But to all prospective buyers be careful of Golden Dragon Realty and Development, Rommel Rote, First Prosperity Builders (you should have acted had you noticed the inconsistencies of Rommel Rote), Summerpoint Subdivision in Imus Cavite (not a good investment for now until they clear up the mess for all the people), I would like due process from Prosperity. They are meeting the complainants every thursday 1pm. I am still holding my ammunitions (legal & media) to hear their side. If they don't do justice, sorry to say but your business will be going down.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting indeed!
    Best wishes from an Estonian living in Italy

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi! we've already filed a case against rommel rote (golden dragon realty president)through NBI. Our problem with the rest of the victims is that Prosperity Builders Inc. will no longer be giving refunds to the payment or honor the transactions. To the prospective buyers, please help us out by not purchasing any of their lots for now until they clear up the mess, besides we can't really be sure for now who really reserved the lot. For the victims, please join us gather evidence, contact me at 09081991151 so we can tell how massive this scam is. I will be inviting legal advisers and media once we gather together. Thank you and may God bless us and our family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for informing us. Thats why me as an agent, dont want to transact with any broker. I want direct from the developer. Thanks for informing us here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! My wife and I are planning to get a house there, is there an update of the status of this incident? Please inform us. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi good day i am the of victim of this scammed of RommeL Rote.My Broker I payed the Full DP to him date March 16, 2009. He said that after my down payment the house soon will built after 6 months but 6 months past nothing happend . then he said Rommel Rote that wait for another 2 months total all in all 8 months yet. Then I decide to inverse may money. they told me that Rommel Rote was gone And may money wont return because of scammed. I was felt crazy that time when I heared that words.Even though my i I fully payed there is no remit amount of money to developer Prospirity Builders.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi dheiyzhie12,

    My name is Nixson. From U.S.A. I actually have this business name in america since 2013,. and when i search for my name your article came up with the words scam. I am afraid if my clients mistaken the company you are talking about with mine. Can you please take down this post because it is somewhat old. I would appreciate it. Thanks, Nixson

    ReplyDelete
  8. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM DR PURVA PIUS LOAN FINANCE (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    LOAN APPLICATION FORM:
    =================
    Full Name:................
    Loan Amount Needed:.
    Purpose of loan:.......
    Loan Duration:..
    Gender:.............
    Marital status:....
    Location:..........
    Home Address:..
    City:............
    Country:......
    Phone:..........
    Mobile / Cell:....
    Occupation:......
    Monthly Income:....

    Contact Us At :urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete