Google Tag Manager Head

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Endaya Christmas Party

One of our yearly family gathering is having a Christmas party with my relatives. Usually we celebrate it with my Tito's and Tita's along with their kids and other relatives on my mom side. Before, this is held at my Tito Vic's house at Blue Ridge but now it is being held at his private resort (Endaya Cove) in Batangas.

As usual there are lots of foods and gifts for kids and adults. My husband and my little boy (David) are planning to swim but then Robin got sprain so it is only David who enjoyed the pool. Although Joshua (David's cousin) has an on and off fever and a very dry cough he was still allowed to join David in the pool (for a short of period of time) since he is crying and very insisted to swim.

Some of the foods that I remember are menudo, dinuguan, fried chicken, chicken adobo, lechon baboy, BBQ, embutido, pansit and the fried pork with egg. After our lunch the program started. Every child and adult and asked to register. The first part of the program is giving gifts to children. There are lots of toys displayed. They will pick a name and it is up to you to choose which toy you wanted. The earlier your name be called the better, since there are still lot of toys to choose from. My little David was able to get a remote controlled car while my baby Danielle got a little teddy bear. For the adults it is better that your name be called last. It is because they are giving money from ranging from P300 going up to P1000. My husband and I are called when it was still on P300 bucks. Every one are hoping that their name not be called yet. A lot of them shouted when they give out the last P750 since the remaining people definitely will receive P1000 cold cash.

After the give away is a dance contest for kids to the tune of Nobody. The price is P1000 for the winner, P500 for the 2nd and P200 consolation. It is followed by singing contest which I believed also has a price of 1k.  While the program is running some are enjoying the cold water of the swimming pool. It is funny to see some of them coming out of the pool running when there names are called during the raffle. My Tito also give additional money to his siblings. My mom give his grandchildren P500 each after getting the money from my Tito. So David and Danielle got extra 500 bucks aside from their toys.

Bad for me, I had my camera with me but I was not able to take pictures during the event, hehehe. Anyways l I got a shot of the beautiful view of Taal while waiting for the program to start. I'll post it later when I got home. I haven't downloaded it yet from my camera.









No comments:

Post a Comment