Google Tag Manager Head

Thursday, June 24, 2010

How to Encourage a Kid to Write

One thing that I noticed about David is he doesn't enjoy writing. Last year, while he is in nursery, most of the time he doesn't finish their writing activity in school. We used to finish it at home. Last night when I checked his notebook, another unfinished writing activity. I asked him to finish it and he is really not interested. He was asked to write the word "Toys" in two columns. He did not even finish the first column. I ask him why he did not finish at school and he said he is already tired(hahaha). He always write the letter 's' in reverse position and every time I erased and asked him to rewrite it the more he gets frustrated. We are able to finished the work after a few minutes and he said he wanted to eat dinner. I really don't know what to do to encourage him into writing. What I am currently doing is almost everyday I would ask him to fill out a page of a grade 1 pad paper with his full name. If you have any idea how to encourage a kid into writing please make a post. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment