Google Tag Manager Head

Friday, June 18, 2010

How to Memorize

David's first assignment at school is to memorize a poem, "Ang Po at Opo." I haven't trained him memorizing a poem. If only I let him join children school  at church before at least he knows how to memorize short bible verses. The poem has 8 lines. It is in "tagalog: and some of the word David is not familiar with. The first two lines goes like this:

Ang Po at Opo

Ang bilin sa akin ng ama't ina ko
Maging magalang na bata ako.

He doesn't know what is "bilin." I explain to him that "ama" means father and "ina" means mother. I also explain what "magalang" is. Its funny because sometime he would say "Ang bilin sa akin ng tatay ko." I had a hard time teaching him because he was getting frustrated easily. He would actually cry out of frustation. Sometime he would mixed the two lines. He would say "Ang bilin sa akin ng bata ako." Waaaaa... I'm starting to lose my patience too. Anyway the next morning he can recite the two lines straight but sometimes would make a mistake. The remaining lines are much harder and I hope he will be able to memorize it. If you know any techniques on how a pre-school can memorize a poem please post it here. Thanks.

1 comment: