Google Tag Manager Head

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

David's 5th Birthday

Last year we celebrated David's birthday at pizza hut. We had dinner with my husband's family. This time we just celebrated it at home. Robin cooked spaghetti, mamu & mamay brought ice cream and his Tita Weng brought chocolate cake. Just a simple celebration nothing "grande." I don't have the luxury to throw him a birthday party. My mom's birthday gift to him is his black shoes for school. It was given 2 weeks ago I think. My birthday gift to him is a gameboy advanced card for his Nintendo DS. 



I still recall his first birthday. It is really unforgettable for me and my husband. I don't even have a money to cook spaghetti or any food. I give P1000 to my husband to pay the electric bill. He lost the money and forgot where he put it. He was teary eyed then and says "Kung alam ko lang mawawala yung pera sana binili na lng konting handa ni David." Eventually he was able to find it and pay the electric bill. Thanks to her Tita Weng who brought cake that night. She actually buys cake every year for all of us during our birthdays. And then on a weekend Mamu cooked spaghetti in celebration of his 1st birthday.

Haays... sad to remember but I am always thankful to God for all our blessings. We eat 3 times a day, we are all in good health, we have good shelter, a loving family. We may not have all that we WANT but then God is providing all that we NEED.

No comments:

Post a Comment