Google Tag Manager Head

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Family Day at Avilon Zoo

It was our team building last Sunday, June 13, 2010. Our plan is to visit the Avilon Zoo in Montalban, Rizal. Good thing it did not rain on that day or else we would visit Nido Science Center in MOA. Our meeting time is up to 8:00am at SM Bacoor. But since Jingle was caught in traffic we left around 8:30am. It so exciting to be with my team mates along with their partner and kids.

Since I have no sleep due to playing DOTA, hehehe. I slept from Bacoor going to Avilon. We had to stop in Marikina because BJ's daughter vomit and we need to clean the van. BJ also bought a new shorts. One thing we noticed in Marikina is there are lots of grocery store. I sleep again and woke up at Avilon. The entrance cost P300 for adults and P200 for kids below 3.5 feet. We had our lunch first before having a tour. Just like what I read on the net the price of the food is too expensive. It cost P120 for 1pc chicken with rice, soup and some veggies, drinks not included. I was not able to verify if you can bring food inside but if you have cars then maybe you can just bring some and eat in the parking lot or eat first before going there.

When we enter the zoo there are some birds and a big fish called Arapaima which caught our attention. It looks like a 5 or 6 feet fish and they said could weight more then 30kilos, wew. After eating we started strolling. Bad for me, I guess after 10-15 shots my camera turned off due to low battery. I don't know what happen but I guess it was overcharge. I charge it the whole night while I was playing computer. I was waiting for the red light to turn off which is on the manual. It says there if the red light goes off the battery is fully charge. Usually after 1-2 hours it would go off but that night I think it was already 4 or 5 hours and it still on. Haaysss...

The place is really big that my feet is already aching and I wanted to rest. My son, David, is also tired and asking to go home. There are lots of birds and animals. David enjoyed giving chicken head to the Arapaima. It costs P20 to feed them with 5 chicken heads. The crowd of arapaima will fight for the food and you will hear like a very loud pop that is surprising and some splash of water. I remember we stayed in the sumatra tiger taking pictures. They also have a white tiger and a black panda. There was no elephant in the zoo. Different kinds of birds, snakes, some spiders. and turtles There was a baby kangaroo and a hyena. Different eagles from the Philippines. You can have 2 shots using your camera and have a pose with the eagle or the monkey for P50. I remember the poor urangutan who looks very sad. He was lying down flat with his face on the floor while playing with a bottle of mineral water. I guess he is sad because he is alone. There different monkeys some are small, I also saw one with a red behind, lol. There was also a gibbon who doesn't have a tail. There are different rest rooms inside but some cage have foul odor I guess due to urine and poopoo of the animals. There was a place which is not open to public where you can hear lots of dogs barking. We are able to see some of them when we take a peek on wall. By the way you can also rent a bicycle, bicycle with sidecar, wheelchair and small bike for your kids. I would recommend going there later noon to avoid the hot weather or maybe in December or January where the weather is not too hot. We arrived there at noon time and aside from the long walk, the high temperature makes our stroll tiring and quite irritating. We had some ice cream and ice drop when we saw a store inside to lessen the perspiration and feel cool. We take a rest and walked again. I would say it is really better than the Manila zoo which I visited in February. Well too much difference in price P40 vs P300, it should be much better. I am looking forward for another family day with Team Mercedez.

No comments:

Post a Comment