Google Tag Manager Head

Thursday, June 4, 2009

NTLDR is Missing or Corrupt

Every morning when I arrived at home from work its either my husband or my little boy is using the computer. Yesterday it was strange neither of them is sitting in front of the computer. I wonder what happened. I decided to eat breakfast first before jumping in to my daily computer routine. Then my husband came in the room and said "Have you tried turning the computer on? It's not working." Wow! I guess that explains why they are not in the front of it.

Robin said he was searching for the map of Dubai last night when all of the sudden the computer shuts down. He was able to turn it back on but this morning it would not boot and would just show a black screen with this error, "NTLDR is missing. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart."


My Windows XP installer is with my mom and I hope I can fix it by copying Ntdetect.com and ntldr to c:\ drive. I don't want to go into the process of reinstalling the whole OS. It takes time to do it and I need to reinstall all my application. Haayss... :-(


No comments:

Post a Comment