Google Tag Manager Head

Friday, February 26, 2010

Eyelid Twitching

For the past 2 weeks I noticed that the eyelid of my left eye moves involuntarily. I am concern because it is doing it more often everyday. I just read in Facebook about our previous manager who all of the sudden got cerebral palsy. In my mind there was this thinking what if it leads to such disease and this is just a start. Waaaa!!!! 

I did a search online and this is quite common. Technically it is called blepharospasm. There are a lot of causes for our eye to twitch and the way to cure it is to find out what is the root cause. Some of reason that can cause eye twitching are:

  • Stress
  • Tiredness
  • Eyestrain
  • Caffeine
  • Alcohol
  • Dry Eyes
  • Nutritional Imbalances
  • Allergies
I guess mine are caused by stress at work, lack of sleep and eyestrain. I work on a computer for 8hours a day for 5 weeks and when I get I home I still use computer. I worked at graveyard shift and usually I only get 3-5hours of sleep. I've been doing this routine for almost 5 years now. Wow! I guess this is the price of me not taking care of myself. My OB told me once I should get at least 6-8hrs of sleep or else I might get high blood problem when I age a little bit more.

It is so hard to stop or avoid using computer. Given a chance between TV and computer I would rather play online the whole day rather than watch. I guess this a matter of choice, it is up to me on how will take care of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment