Google Tag Manager Head

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Cough with Sticky White Phlegm

I have this cough accompanied with a sticky white phlegm for a week now. It is really embarrassing when coughing inside our shuttle going to work. I can help control it because my throat gets itchy and I can't help it but cough. Along with the coughing is a sticky white phlegm that comes out. That is why I see to it I have a tissue on my pocket to throw it. I am not drinking any medicine hoping that it will heal on its own. Right now I am trying to drink lots of water which I don't really like because I go to the bathroom several times while at work. 

While searching online for remedy I find out that phlegm is an indication that our immune system is trying to fight an infection that is trying to access your respiratory system. However if your phlegm is not white (like brownish) you might have something serious and need to consult a physician. You can read more of this info on this link.

Here are some things that you can do to get rid of this sticky white phlegm:
  • If you are a smoker, stop it
  • Treat nasal or sinus infection that you have
  • Take an expectorant
  • Don't take cough suppressants
  • Drink plenty of fluids and liquids
  • Spit the phlegm out, don't swallow it

No comments:

Post a Comment