Google Tag Manager Head

Thursday, November 5, 2009

Rotavirus Vaccine

My child was scheduled to have a 'rotavirus vaccine.' I was told by our pedia that it will be an oral medicine and not an injection. She also told me that it is for her to avoid severe diarrhea that can cause babies to get hospitalized.

I tried to google it and I find out that almost all children in the US are infected with rotavirus before their 5th birthday. One thing that worried me is that is says online that babies should get at least 2 or 3 doses of it. Recommended first dose on 2 months of age and 2nd dose on 4 month. My baby was schedule to have her first dose last September. I was not able to bring her because I don't have money to pay for it. Our pedia told us that it cost P3000.

I just came back to work during that month from my maternity leave. For two months I don't have a salary, I thank God that we were able to survive. We are just starting from scratch with a lot of debts from my credit card and a lot of payable. I am planning to bring her to our pedia either this week or next week but she is already 4 months old. Will the vaccine still work? At 4th month she should be given 2nd dose of the rotavirus vaccine. I'll ask her doctor about it and I hope there will be no problem. I am also concern about the mild side effect of the vaccine. It says online that the baby might have a slight diarrhea or vomiting after the vaccine.

No comments:

Post a Comment