Google Tag Manager Head

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Butt Pain during Pregnancy

I am 5 months pregnant and I'm experiencing a pain on the right cheek of my butt. Most of the time I feel it when I try get up from bed or roll over and also when I tried to stand up after long sitting. It really hurts that I would stop moving. It feels like a muscle pain or a joint that is misaligned. I tried to search online and find out that there are a lot of pregnant woman who are experiencing this.

Here are some of the tips that I got online to relieve the pain, but I would still suggest to consult your OB:
  • Try to keep your feet elevated and don't sit for too long - bending at the hip aggravates it.
  • Not to cross your legs while sitting and massage it at night if needed.
  • Have a pre-natal massage.
  • Try the pelvic floor exercise for pregnant woman.
  • Do some stretching.
  • Go for a little walk.
This might be what they call PGP (Pelvic Girdle Pain). The pain is really irritable and I hope I can be relieve by trying some of the suggestions above and I will consult my OB as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment