Google Tag Manager Head

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Public Hospital Needs Help

I visited a relative 2 weeks ago in a government hospital somewhere in Manila and I was shocked with what I saw. They don't have money to go to a private hospital and I was thankful (at first) that our government do have this privilege for the poor. If you look outside the building, though the building is big it looks very very old. When we enter the hospital there were patients lying on a mono block with dextrose. I saw a little kid watching TV with his mom. I think there were 3 or 4 patients there whom I think are located there because there were no more room to accommodate them. The white painting is now dirty white and the floor looks like has never been sweep for how many days. The windows are all open since there is only one ceiling fan in a room. I also noticed that the patients bed does not have a cover and the blanket of the patients was so thin because of its oldness. On my relative's room where old patients. There were 5 beds and two of them are vacant. The small table for the vacent bed are so sticky. Its use for food and I think its the patients obligation to clean it. I saw a post on the wall that everything is free, accommodation and all medicines , but it looks like they only have the basic medicine so the patients still have to buy what they need outside the hospital. I did not see a nurse station on each floor which is common in a private hospital. It really touches my heart to see those patients. They were hoping for government assistance which I guess is not really enough. I don't want to blame anybody but I hope our government would do something about this. What we have on stake here are lives of our fellow countrymen. I hope everyone would act on this instead of blaming each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment