Google Tag Manager Head

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

GMA Bank Claim

I have a checking account with GMA Bank Imus which closed last February 3, 2011. Last February 23, I was browsing PDIC website and I am thinking of going to their office in Makati instead of going to GMA Bank to file a claim for my remaining balance which is about P5k something. But then I changed my mind and decided to visit the bank first. Good thing I brought my check book with me because that is one of the requirement. When I arrived there the guard asked me to write my name on a piece of paper and told me to wait for my name to be called.

When I enter the bank its the people of PDIC who are there. The 2 young lady who gave me the claims form I would say doesnt have good customer service. It seems like they are sick and tired of talking to people complaining and asking on what to do. They don't have smile on their face and they don't feel like helping people. Anyway good thing I already downloaded the claims form from PDIC website so I don't need to fill out the form again. The lady at reception even told me its not the same, funny, it is exactly the same. Anyway after that I was told to go the other room and get my statement of account. They asked for my account number and they gave me all my checks that are already cleared and a copy of my statement of account.

Next step is you need to submit the claims form, with a photocopy of 2 valid ID, Original Copy of your Statement of Account (please photocopy this so that you have your own copy for future need) and the remaining unused checks that I have. They input my info in the computer and afterwards gave me a paper. A check will be send to me via snail mail, most probably in May of this year. This is really a big hassle and I hope I would be able to get my hard earned money as soon as possible. 

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting this. I didn't know that they closed until the other day. the funny thing is, when i made a deposit last february, nobody even told me that they are closing soon. hence, i was penalized by pagibig since the check that i issued doesn't have value anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good day! Im one of the depositor of MA Bank, and have an account of below 5,000.00 pesos only. So i have to wait at home for my cheque but then were lately planning to transfer to another place. How can i advised the said bank that they have to send me my cheque ion my work address or in my new place. Plaese advised.

    Thanks
    Lene

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi lene...i have the same dilemma. in fact, we already transferred residence. its so difficult to get thru the telephone lines of pdic. hope someone can advise us on what to do.

    thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.pdic.gov.ph/index.php?nid1=8&nid2=2&nid=587

    Hope this link help you guys... you can check when to get your claim based on your claim number.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi i still have remaining balance for my gma checking account, where can i claim my balance now that theyre closed? hope to hear from you guys.pls helpp..tnx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi,
    If your balance is less than 5k PDIC will automatically send you a check but if its more than 5k then you need to file a claim with PDIC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,
    i opened a checking account with GMA.. and i am supposed to withdraw my balance of 2,000 which i paid for the opening account.. i didnt know that the bank is closed already.. can i still have that money which i paid for the opening account?pls reply..thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,I still have remaining balance for my checking account(3k).PDIC will automatically send a check,but WHEN?tnx...

    ReplyDelete