Google Tag Manager Head

Friday, July 16, 2010

SM goes green, No plastic Bag

I was surprised last Wednesday when I visited SM Molino Hypermarket. I went there because I needed to buy milk for my little girl. When I was still in line I noticed that the cashiers are putting the groceries either in a box or using a small brown paper. I thought SM is out of plastic bags. I told the cashier why don't you have plastic bags. She told me it is because its a Wednesday. She even offered my two SM green bags for P35 which I did not buy because I only bought 4 items. I am kind a disappointed and thinking that SM is trying to save money. (feeling ko nagkukuripot sila hehehe).

I found on the internet that SM Cebu is already doing it. This is to encourage people to stop using plastic which is very harmful to the environment. At first some customers reacted badly, like me. But when I realized what is the purpose of the campaign, which is to save the environment. I am no longer disappointed. What I will do next time is I will avail of their green bag and use that every time I need to by groceries. Let us support this campaign and help the environment. Go green!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment