Google Tag Manager Head

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

RCBC Customer Service

I've posted here that last Monday the RCBC ATM at our office debited my account and yet did not dispensed any cash. It was a really a bad experience. My shift ends at 8am so I need to wait for the bank to open at 9am. I decided to have breakfast at Jollibee. Good thing I saw Melai and Jonald having breakfast as well. Atleast I have someone to chat with while waiting.

I went back to the bank at exactly 9am and I think I waited 3mins more before they actually opened. I did not see a customer service booth so I asked the guard where to go for ATM that is debited. He gave me a customer complaints form and asked me to go to New Accounts. I filled out the form and when I went to the New Accounts, no one is there. But beside it was a guy working but did not even smile at me or inform me where the person on New Accounts is. Then this lady sit down before me and I give her the customer complaint form. She read it and says "P8000." She get a scissor give the stub to me and write a phone number to contact. She told me to call RCBC for follow. up She did not even mention how long it would take to resolve the issue. When I asked about it she says probably 1 week. This is where I realized how much empathy can ease the discomfort of a customer. But RCBC employess don't have it. I would say of all the bank that I dealt with Citibank still has the best customer service, maybe that is why they have high interest rate (hehehe).

I called RCBC the next day and talk to a guy. He told me it might take 3 days. I told him why that long since the ATM I used is their machine and the same branch. He says thats how it works. (ok) Friday comes and still I am not yet credited. I called back and to my surprise when I told the guy I am making a follow up on my ATM that is debited, he asked me from which APC I am from. APC (American Power Conversion) have different office in EPZA, we have Admin, Cav1 and Cav2. I haven't mention that I am from APC and that is his question right away. I guess there are lot of people who had a bad experience like me. He told me to call back after 5mins and look for Ralph since he is in the bathroom. When I call back Ralph told me that he is already making inputs for the problem and I should receive the credit within the day. 

I would say 4 days to fix the problem is somewhat acceptable but it would have been better if their people are accommodating. I believe also they should be able to resolve it quicker since it is their own ATM. I would give them 3 out of 5. (5 being the highest) Still passing score because they resolve my issue but nothing superb with their service.

No comments:

Post a Comment