Google Tag Manager Head

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Stilt Men or Bwa bwa

Earlier this afternoon we went to the mall (SM Southmall) because my mom wants to buy a new bed.  I was very sleepy because I came straight from work but that's alright because its already weekend. While strolling, my son David, saw this tall man in front of Story Land.  He was very amazed because the size of the man was like double the height of a person, as you can see in the picture.  Like other kids he doesn't want to go near it. 

I was thinking during that time what do you call this tall guy.  I know they are mostly seen in carnivals or amusement parks but I really don't know how do you call them.  They look like a clown because they also have painting on their face but I guess they are not called clown. So after sleeping for about 4 hours I browse the web and search Mr. google. I found out that they are called stilt man, stilt walker or "bwa bwa."  Its really amazing how this guys was able to balance on a wooden wood for long hours. So next time we see them we can say , "Hey look there is a bwa bwa."
Here is a picture of my Husband and my son beside a bwa bwa with a pirate costume.

No comments:

Post a Comment