Google Tag Manager Head

Friday, October 24, 2008

mY eTeleCarE meMorieS


(Im so pretty here, hehehe)... I had a hard time looking for a job when I graduated.  All I can see in manila buletin were call centers as well as on the internet.  At that time I dont have any idea of what a call center is. What im thinking is that people working in a call center are "maarte", you know!  Then I decided to apply to a lot of call centers. (as in a LOT!). I applied in almost all of the call center in makati and ortigas.  After almost 1 yr of searching for a job finally I was hired at Etelecare as a TSR (technical support representative).  I find it cool and exciting. What makes it exciting is the SALARY! If you're going to work as an ordinary employee you're going to earn P8000-10000 a month.  But in a call center you can earn it for only one pay day and even more than that.  The people I met at Etelecare were nice people. I really missed them especially my first team AQUABOOGIE!!!! I get used to working at night and sleeping in the morning.  You're going home "ngarag-ngarag ka na", because of too much pressure kasalubong mo yung mga tao papasok ng office mga bagong ligo.  For me its fun and fulfilling to work in a call center.  Since I got it as a first job I have a hard time of shifting into a different carreer or even thinking of shifting into a different career.  But if given a chance, I would like to work in Accenture (or any big company) as a programmer (in my dreams).  I learned a lot in working in a call center.  I learned how to be independent, do multitasking, call dinner as "lunch" etc. I worked in Etelecare for 1yr and 5mo and Im very proud to be part of them, even for a short period of time.  I really like the friendly environment there.  If only Etelecare has a center in Alabang I would not transfer into a different center.  Now Im currently working as a CSR (customer service representative) in Convergys at Alabang which is nearer to my location.  I cant help but compare the two companies.  The first thing that I notice is that Convergys only have free mineral water and coffee unlike in Etelecare we have free mineral water, iced tea (some times juice), coffee and milo.  They have different method of training.  Im here at Convergys for a month now and maybe in the future Im going to post info about my stay here.

No comments:

Post a Comment