Google Tag Manager Head

Sunday, October 26, 2008

DELL Speed

I've posted my stay in Etelecare and Convergys.  Let me tell you a little about Dell which was my company before I moved here at APC (American Power Conversion).  I can say that I was not happy with my stay in Convergys and really technical support is my passion.  That is why I stayed their for only 8 months and moved to Dell. Before I resigned in Eteletecare there was already a rumor that Dell will put up their business here.   When they published hiring I actually applied right away but since I was connected with Etelecare then they declined my application.  When another opportunity comes I applied again this time it was accepted since I was working with Convergys and they don't have an account with them. I thought I did not make it because I applied in February and I only got a response from them in April. And of course when they give me the Job Offer I did not think twice.  The salary is very competitive and I can say its an honor to work in Dell.  I've stayed there for almost 2 years. Actually I resigned 5 days before my 2nd year anniversary.  I was able to handle two accounts there. I was in consumer support for desktop for 1 year and got the promotion for DOC the next year.  I was part of batch 4 by the way.  Everything is going smooth.  The people, the environment , the incentives and bonuses.  I was able to gain friends and improve my personal and technical skills.   My first team was with Jonathan Guerrero.  He was a very good Team Leader and he really nourished me with a lot of teachings on how to be a good employee. I really learned a lot from him and I look up to him as well.  When I moved to Dell On Call (DOC), I got frustrated on the first month because of my stats.  I was part of Batch 1 and we were only 40 agents and guess what I was on the very bottom of the list when the stats was released on the first month.  It was a real challenge to me because before I move to DOC I was part of the top performers in consumer.  The real problem actually was DOC requires "selling", which I can say doesn't run in my blood.  During the first month our metrics was composed of 70% sales and 30% resolution.  Which afterward they change it to 50/50.  My Team Leader their was Joel Cueva who always encourages me that I can do it.  Joel was a very good leader as well, he showed me that he believes in me and he never lets me feel that I'm a looser which I thought I was during our first month on the account.  With Joel always encouraging me I was able to improve my selling capability and was able to cope up with the business.  By the way I'll never forget that Jonathan also coached me to improve my selling skills.  Though I'm already coping up there was still no fulfillment in selling for me.  I was given an offer by HP then but since the offer is not that good I declined it.  Selling is really part of DOC.  You will always hear the agents there asking, "how's your sales?", though there was no commission no matter how good you are in selling. Joel was moved to a different team and we were transferred to Jen Pascua.  Then I received an email from APC asking me to go their to take an exam.  They did saw my resume on jobstreet.  The company is in Cavite so I decided to give it a try.  I was able to pass and they offer me just a very little increase.  At first I was very hesitant to move but I guess God do have a plan for me and I accepted their offer.  I'm now with APC for more than 5 months.  What I really like is the schedule, since we support US business hours so our day off is always saturday and sunday.  Maybe I'll tell a litte story about APC in the future.  So far I'm doing good here and learning new stuff about Back UPS and Smart UPS. ^_^


Here is a pix of our team in DOC. I miss you guys and also Team Guerrero.

No comments:

Post a Comment